Thursday, January 22, 2009

First ear infection

I have a sad post today...Makenzie has her first ear infection. Yesterday from about 12:30-4:30 Makenzie was pretty much screaming non stop. She has never done anything like that, ever. She pretty much never cries. I could get her to go to sleep for a few minutes at a time, but she would wake up screaming soon after. I thought maybe she was just over tired because I haven't yet figured out how to nap all of the girls on the days I am watching Kendall, since I only have two bedrooms. Around 3:30 I finally gave her Tylenol because I couldn't think of anything else to do. We took her to the doctor that evening once Josh came home from work and Shannon had picked up Kendall. At first the doctor said her ears were too small to see anything, so he had to get this lighted stick thing and dig out all the wax so he could see. She was calm the entire way to the doctor, not like she had been the previous four hours...so I was second guessing my decision to take her in. I'm glad I did though because we are headed to Seattle this weekend and that would have been no fun for anyone had we not gotten her medicine. After waiting at Walmart for 45 minutes for her prescription to be filled we headed home. She has to have 1 tsp of medicine twice a day, which seems like a ridiculous amount for her because she can barely drink 4 oz during a feeding. We had Maddies ears checked too, just in case and she is fine. Other than crying yesterday afternoon, Makenzie has been really great about it. I was even able to go to MOPS today.

No comments:

Post a Comment