Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Weight update

Makenzie had a check up today. She now weighs 12 lbs 4 oz, putting her in the 6th percentile. She is 24 1/4 inches long and in the 31 percentile for length. It was weird because when I brought Makenzie in to the office the nurse said "wow, she is big for 5 months!" I have never heard anyone call her big before...ever. And it turned out she was only in the 6th percentile, not very big at all. They suggested I feed Makenzie more often and start giving her food 3 times a day to fatten her up.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you are not too worried about it Steph. Has the doctor checked your calories in your milk at all? Hannah was super low in weight as well and the doctor had me try EVERYTHING for the first 10 months. More frequent feedings, adding butter to her solids, we even saw a cardiologist to check her metabolism rate. At 10 months I stopped nursing and moved her to soy milk and she doubled her weight within two weeks! It turned out that I wasn't producing enough calories in my milk. Just a thought. I will be praying for wisdom for you and Josh and the doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. Thanks for the advice. I actually stopped nursing right around Christmas. I just wasn't producing milk for some reason. So maybe starting solids and switching to formula will help. She seems healthy, so I am not too worried about it.

    ReplyDelete