Friday, July 31, 2009

So Different But Equally Wonderful













I got to spend about an hour alone with Makenzie this afternoon. This happens almost never. I decided to go to this park this morning and skip Makenzie's morning nap. So she went down early for her afternoon nap and got up earlier as a result. While Maddie was still sleeping I got a chance to interact with Makenzie one on one. It was so neat to see her play and watch her discover things. Her personality is so different from Madison's, I just can't get over it. Maddie's favorite sentence is "hold you, mama". I kept trying to cuddle with Kenzie and hold her, but she is so content to play on her own and discover and explore. She rarely needs me to hold her or even checks to see if I am still in the room or not. Even when she is hurt she doesn't require much comforting. She recently learned to climb up the slide and onto her climbing toy, but today when she did it she flipped right over the other side. She sort of cried for a few seconds and I picked her up to console her, but then she wanted right back down so she could go an do it again. She is becoming more of a little person and less of a baby every day. It is so neat to watch her grow. I am so thankful for the time I get to spend with each of my girls and that I am home with them a majority of the time. And it was such a blessing to spend time alone with Makenzie, it was a good reminder that Josh and I need to purpose to spend quality time alone with each of our girls, and with each other.




No comments:

Post a Comment