Sunday, September 6, 2009

Maddie's first "scary movie"

We have lots of new books around the house because of some of the classes Josh is taking. One book that Maddie has really enjoyed lately is a version of "The Three Little Pigs". Tonight after I finished reading it to her I though she might enjoy watching a video of it. I went to youtube.com and found the old Walt Disney version. I thought she would love it. I started it for her and then left the room to go clean up the kitchen. About 3 minutes later I heard a scream from my bedroom and Maddie came running to me with tears streaming down her cheeks. When it got to the part about the wolf, it was just too scary for her. It was so sad to see her so scared. I didn't even consider the scary factor since we had been reading the book without issue... We watched a few videos of "If you are happy and you know it" and "The wheels on the bus" for the next half and hour so that she would be sure to have all of the wolf images out of her head before bedtime. And now I know...even old Walt Disney movies may not be appropriate for my 2 year old. If you want to see the video you can go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olo923T2HQ4

No comments:

Post a Comment