Friday, May 7, 2010

Orange the Fish

We added a new member to the family today, though, I am not sure how long he will be with us.  I don't have high hopes for a long life span.  They were centerpieces at this years Mom to Mom Year End Brunch and were up for grabs at the end of the bruch. Both girls are in love with fish right now so I thought it would be fun for them to have one of their own.  Madison decided on the name, Orange for our new fish.  Other contenders were Karalee (the name of one of her favorite friends), purple, and fish.

We've gone over the rules:

1. No holding, petting, or grabbing Orange
2.  Orange only eats fish food (even though it is a nice gesture to share our grapes with him)
3. We don't touch Orange's water
4. We don't intentionally scare Orange (even though it makes him swim fast and is kind of cool)

I might have scared Maddie a little too much when it comes to Orange.  I told her that if they touched his water he could die, and now if Kenzie gets within a foot of Oranges bowl she freaks out and yells "don't touch him, I don't want Kenzie near him, he will die!"




No comments:

Post a Comment