Wednesday, September 1, 2010

1 Corinthians 10:31

Josh's parents have been staying with us the past three weeks so needless to say, my blogging has been sparse.  I am now the point where it is too overwhelming to go through the past month's pictures to try and weed out the blog-worthy ones, there are well over 500 of them.  I will share exciting news instead.  Nope, not pregnant.  I quit my job at Starbucks.  Woo Hoo!  By the time I quit I was down to about 15 hours per week, but I still felt like it dominated way more of my week than I wanted it to.  Summer was busy with being a mom, going to school and working part time, and I knew that there was no way I could continue that schedule while adding all of the activities that Fall brings...M2M, BSF, Awana, etc.   So, I wrote down everything extracurricular activity and how many hours each took, and Starbucks was the most logical one for me to cut out.  I am so thrilled, though,  it is untimely given that Pumpkin Spice Soy Chai's just came out...  I drink a $2 drink (before my discount) all year long and for about 2 months in the Fall my drink skyrockets to a whopping $4 and of course that is when I quit and no longer get my discount.  I'm not complaining though.  I am so thankful to have the opportunity to stay home with the girls once again. I also finished my first term of school last week with 2 A's and 1 B...much better than my attempt (back in 2001 at TMC).  I start my next term in a few weeks and will only be taking two classes.  Adding school to my routine has caused me to examine every decision I make as far as my time is concerned.  Each and every decision is important because it could be the difference between doing everything according to 1 Corinthians 10:31,  "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God", or attempting to do things for my own gain or of my own strength and failing miserable along the way.  I am even re-evaluating things like Makenzie's 2nd Birthday party.  I had planned to throw a big party for her with lots of friends and family at Chucky Cheese.  But by the time I started adding up all of the hours it would take to track down the right favors, make decorations, come up with games and food, etc...it was going to take way more time than I really had to devote to it.  I could have pulled it off, but at what expense?  I probably would have been stressed, taking it out on the girls and my husband, shirked other responsibilities I have committed to, I would have spent money we do not need to be spending, not to mention that Kenzie did not even like Chucky Cheese when we visited it (my attempt at warming her up to it before her party).  So, we had about 5 small, stress free birthday celebrations for her instead lasting much of August.  And now she is 2, no doubt about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment