Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Let the Little Children Come to Me"

Madison asked Jesus into her heart this evening.  Her analytic personality and constant questions have given us lots of opportunities to talk about God.  This Christmas season especially, we talked often about not only that Jesus was born but more importantly why he was born.  This evening before bed she said she wanted to ask Jesus into her heart.  Never having experienced leading a three year old to Christ and wanting to make sure she understood what she was doing as best a three year old can, I told her we would keep talking about it often and we would help her ask Him into her heart as soon as she was ready.  When I prayed our usual prayer at bed time, after I finished praying, she said "Did He say yes?!"  She thought we had to ask Jesus and he would accept or not accept.  I went and got Josh and we asked her some questions about why Jesus came to earth.  She actually blew me away shen she said Jesus came to die for us becuase our sin gives us a brown heart.  Josh walked her through a simple prayer followed by big hugs and smiles all around.  I am so thankful for this precious girl and her tender heart for Jesus!  I am left with both a peace and an urgent desire to pray for her walk with the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment