Thursday, January 6, 2011

One down and Four to go


This year I am making stockings for our family. Right now all we have is the generic red ones with the fluffy white fur on top.  I found a tutorial I liked online and I am loosely following it.  I decided not to  go with the traditional Christmas colors.  I thought it would be fun for the girls to pick out their own fabric (with some help from Mom) in colors and styles they like.  I can't wait until 25 years or so from now when the stockings are all worn in from years of use (though hopefully still in tact) and the girls come home for Christmas with their husbands and children and see their childhood stockings hanging on the mantle, bringing back fond memories of Christmas' past.  I finally finished my first one today.  I did mine first so that I could work out all of the kinks.  Most of the stocking came together really fast but I had to improvise when I got to the top part and sewing the cuff and loop on.  I will be making some modifications to the next one I make.  Jo Ann Fabrics is having Teacher Appreciation Days on Saturday so I am hoping I can convince Josh to come along with me to get some fabric for my next couple of stockings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment