Friday, May 20, 2011

Ellie is 1 week old



One week ago today at this time I was monitoring irregular contractions convinced I was having false labor...I was wrong...it's crazy to think that Ellie has only been here a week.  I am so in love!  She is an amazing baby...I am almost hesitant to admit how easy she is because I feel like it is too good to be true.  I do realize that she is only one week old and that she will get increasingly more demanding and alert with time.  Ellie eats like a champ, only 5-10 minutes per feeding. She sleeps all night (days and night aren't confused), waking up for 5-10 minutes to eat every few hours.  She is awake for 1-2 hours in the morning.  Naps all day.  And then is awake for another 1-2 hours in the evening.  She is always content.  We have only heard her cry a couple of times.  Her sisters adore her.  My mom has been here up until this morning helping me with the household duties and giving the girls lots and lots of attention.  This afternoon has been my first time alone with all three girls...it is nap time though so it has been pretty quiet.  Ellie had her first photo shoot the other day and went to her first BBQ last night,  other than that we have been laying low. 

No comments:

Post a Comment