Thursday, June 23, 2011

More than just Strawberries


Our family went strawberry picking the other day.  I have been looking forward to berry picking for months now.  I love the taste of fresh picked berries, freezer jam and strawberry daiquiris, and I love knowing I have gallon Ziploc bags full of berries to last me through the winter...but more than that I love creating the memories of strawberry picking for my girls. 

Experiences like these are the memories that my girls will carry with them into adulthood. 

I remember going crabbing with my grandpa and then watching him boil the crabs once they were caught.  I remember making Christmas cookies side by side with my mom and learning how to make her lasagna, which gets rave reviews every time I make it.  And  hopefully my girls will remember picking berries in the fields together as a family and the taste of freezer jam on their gluten-free toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment