Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First Homeschool Fieldtrip

Today was "homeschool" day at The Oregon Gardens.  I want to take the girls to events like this because I think they will get more out of it given the structured activities offered as opposed to me just taking them myself on a typical day.
 
I will be honest, I was half (or more than half) expecting to see lots of floor length jean skirts, waist-length braids, and awkward children in high water sweat pants.  It was not so.
 
The girls had a great time going from educational station to educational station.  They learned about fire safety in the wilderness, edible plants, and tropical plants.  They also enjoyed the tram ride around the large gardens. 
 
I am so thankful to have the girls home with me each day and to have the flexibility to share in these experiences with them.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment